Summer concerts will heat up STL

Malik Thomas, Editor

From Hip Hop to Rock & Roll, music has been a situational thing throughout the generations. Many people such a singers, dancers, rappers are able to perform at different arenas and clubs.   The more fans you have the more crowded your concert would be and the more they sell out. This is great because that usually means the more people the better experience the concert is.  Depending on what type of music is being performed. They can put you in different moods. You can be in a sad mood, happy mood or the music can make you feel live and go crazy.

In St. Louis there are many different artists in different genres that will be performing live this year.

Popular Artists such as Wiz Khalifa will be performing in town on Wednesday, August 17th at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater in Maryland Heights. You could say Wiz Khalifa was first recognized by his hit song “Black & Yellow.” Students used to blast the song through their earphones everyday in 2011. Tickets will range from $26 to $99.

Coldplay is also a popular group that will be performing in St. Louis. They will be at the Scottrade Center on Thursday, July 21st.  They are a British rock band that started in 1996, formed by lead vocalist and pianist Chris Martin and lead guitarist Jonny Buckland. A popular song out right now that was created by them is “Hymn for the Weekend” which has over a hundred million views on YouTube. Tickets range from $26 to $176.50.

Then you have old artist like R. Kelly who will be performing on April 29th 2016 at the Family Arena in St. Charles. R. Kelly has many hit songs out like, “Step in the name of love,” “I wish,” “Same Girl,” and many more. However, you’ll probably see more moms there than today’s generation of teenagers.

No matter what there is always concert to attend. People love music. Everyone has their own preference of what type of music they like. That’s why there are so many different artists in the world. Music can impact lives in many waves and change someone’s mood. Music can enlighten you and make your day, but it all depends on what you like. Some people use music as a way to “turn up” or to boost their energy, or get over a depression, act. It could influence anything. Music has always been around and people have been performing for decades. If you love music, check out one of these shows this summer.